Hi All,

My name is Kevin, ZL1KFM.
I am starting to get back into digital modes after a number of years
away from it. Before was mainly on VHF packet.
Back then I had a AEA PK-232 multimode modem. Back then I loved this
unit for it's many features.
One of the features I liked was the ability to have the PK-232 decide
what the digital signal was, Packet, Amtor, Rtty etc.

Today I am using MixW, and Ham Radio Deluxe, which are great software
packages, and have just recently downloaded Hamscope (But haven't
tried it yet). But none of these have the feature to allow it to
search and decide the type of digital mode it is.
Maybe it's the number of different digital modes now out there that
make this feature unusable, but is there something out there, or
could it be added?

Why I ask this is listerning around, I hear what I believe to be a
Rtty, PSK or the others (listerned to the tones from some of the web
sites) and I can not for the life of me to get them to decode. I even
change the modes as it goes to see if this helps, in most cases I am
unable to see anything. My success rate s about 20-25%

I am using a Kenwood TS-480S, and using the Data connection for RX
and TX to the computer. I get a good pattern on the waterfall, and
can see strong signals when there.

Anyway I will keep trying to get it working, then I will try my hand
at transmitting.

Thanks for any help you can send my way. Will hopefully get it
working 100% soon.

Regards

Kevin, ZL1KFM