Hi Guys,

For optimal ALE reception you want your RX passband set to 1625hz
when using less than 2.8 or 3.0Khz IF filtering, anyone running a ham
rig with the typical 2.1 to 2.7 filtering will need to enable IF
shift and move it up in frequency else you are starving the modem
from seeing all 8FSK tones properly. Depending on the particular
software tool being used for ALE intercept this can be seen visual if
a tuning display is provided, such as the TUNE Tones display in
PC-ALE and the water fall in MultiPSK.

/s/ Steve, N2CKH