Rick,

Was that regenerative repeater in the Chicago area?

I remember someone used to send text "pictures" on one night.  I have
one left that I sent to my father, it was a semi-truck and the title
was "Keep On Trucking".  But the paper is getting brittle and falling
apart.  Had a Teletype Model 15 and a TU I built from RTTY Journal,
was before the "ST-600" or "Mainliner", all tubes. I lived in North
Riverside, IL and had to get a eight elemet beam, aimed it west to get
good quieting on the receiver.

Jerry  -  K0HZI