  From: Andrew O'Brien
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 4:01 AM
  Subject: [digitalradio] Noise Reduction and the digital modes

  Noise reduction on my old rig never did much. Now I have a new rig
  the NR buttons actually appear to do some things. What about noise
  reduction and the digital modes, is it really helpful? I did just
  notice that with a Hell QSO NR made the print more blurred. For other
  modes I have not noticed much other than a lot less "speckles" in the
  waterfall. Maybe a graphically empty waterfall helps when a weak
  signal comes along but i worry the weak signal may get zapped by the
  NR. Comments ?

  --
  Andy K3UK
  Skype Me : callto://andyobrien73