Hi from Les VK2DSG
You will not make any friends using wide RFSM   transmissions
down at 7030 to 7040 or even anywhere below 7100 even though
the bandplan says transmissions up to 2khz may be used

7040 to 7100 is the prime operating area for ssb DX and local
ragchew operations
I would suggest that using frequencies as described below
would be more suitable - currently in VK  we use 7183lsb for
Hampal  (DRM) Repeater operations and also 7196 usb for
  both RFSM 2400 and DRM picture and file transfer

The New Suggested Australian bandplan for 40m band is as follows

New Draft Australian 40M Band Plan

The WIA has developed a new draft band plan for the 40m (7 MHz) amateur
band.

The new plan is designed to

     * encourage activity above 7100 kHz;
     * stimulate experimentation in wideband digital modes; and
     * integrate, as far as is possible, with the IARU region 3 plan,
and the plans of other countries.

No existing nets will be affected by the plan.

The underpinning philosophy of the plan is to define band usage in terms
of necessary bandwidth, rather than by mode. However, it is recognised
that some modes are incompatible, such as analogue voice and data.
Accordingly, these modes are each assigned their own sections in the plan.

Features of the new plan include:

     * A new broadcast segment from 7130-7150 kHz. This will provide a
defined area for weekly broadcasts.

     * A new wideband data modes segment from 7180-7250 kHz, which is
further sub divided into unattended/automated and attended segments. The
subdivision serves to prevent interference between automated and
non-automated stations.

     * Redefinition of the CW segment (7-7030 kHz) to a narrow band
modes segment with a maximum necessary bandwidth of 200 Hz. This means,
in effect, that the previously exclusive CW segment will be shared with
PSK31 and other very narrow band data modes.

The change to the previously exclusive CW segment is in accordance with
evolving international practice. It is worth noting that the ZL 40m band
plan has had a CW/PSK sharing arrangement in place for some time.
Moreover, CW/PSK sharing is proposed under the new US 40m band plan.

The new draft 40m band plan is detailed as follows:

SEGMENT
(kHz)

USE

7000-7030  Very narrow band modes (maximum necessary b/w 200 Hz)

7030-7040  Narrow band digital (maximum necessary b/w 2 kHz)

7040-7180  Analogue telephony (maximum necessary b/w 8 kHz as per the LCD)

7130-7150  Broadcast sub-segment

7180-7190  Wideband digital, unattended (maximum necessary b/w 8 kHz as
per the LCD)

7190-7250  Wideband digital (maximum necessary b/w 8 kHz as per the LCD)

7250-7300  Analogue telephony (maximum necessary b/w 8 kHz as per the LCD)

Obviously, the current levels of broadcast station interference above
7100 kHz will mean that some degree of flexibility is required in use of
the new band plan.
The plan is designed to be fully implemented once 7100-7200 kHz reverts
to amateur primary use in 2009.
The plan is open for comment for the next four months. The comment
period closes on April 30, 2006.

Please send any comments to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards Les VK2DSG

Hi Ralph,

5MHz is still out of bounds here. WICEN have some commercial frequencies
that
can only be used with type approved equipment and ham calls are banned.

I tend to stick to 40m+ because I use a buddipole antenna, and don't
have the
80m coil for it.

There is a common-ish data frequency on 7035, so narrow modes could go
there.
Not too sure on the full width modes, but someone else might be able to
offer
a suggestion for region 3. The VK & ZL band plans have 7030-7040 as Digi
(less
than 6kHz BW), but I think that is a little crowded.

7080-7100 is used for RTTY, so I'm hoping there is some room for other modes
too. Staying under 7100 would allow Japan and other R3 countries that don't
have 7100-7300 to play as well.

How about 7082 USB for RFSM2400 and 7085 for DominoEX? I might have an
opportunity to play on Monday (day off). Feel free to contact me off list to
arrange something (best replace 'bulk' with 'dave' on my email address).

If anyone disagrees with the frequencies nominated, please shout. Bands
in VK
and ZL are reasonably quiet, so if this is going to jump on top of something
else I'd like to know.

Cheers,
        Dave.
--