> What speed do you have in mind?

1000 to 1500 letters per minute; 200 to 300 wors
per minute.

>The word PARIS used as a standard for measuring
>words per minute contains
> 50 code elements so one word per second, 60wpm,
> is 50 baud.

Right; the 'standard' formula; BW = 4 x wpm,
(e.g., 200wpm = 800hz)

>The bandwidth it takes to transmit that depends
>on the modulation method
> and how much shaping you apply to the signal.

The keying method would be injected audio tone
using a sound card program specifically for HSCW
(MSDSP 2000). The shaping would not be done by the
circuits of the rig.

It's my understanding that there is less bandwidth
using the tone injected method, but not sure how
to measure it.

Thanks,

Tony KT2Q