Rick,

I am really bothered by loosing still more lines of text with these
wide screen beasties.   The present OS's are like Stephen Kings
Langoliers.   They eat away at available screen real estate.

Any way to turn them 90 degrees and also rotate the windows display
screen so that a full page can be displayed?

Brian/K3KO

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have seen some multi screen shacks. In fact, I think one ham has 5
> screens for various functions, some of which are dual screens with one
> computer. My idea was to keep things a bit simpler so I wanted only one
> screen that was at the "right" distance for my limited eyesight
> accommodation. In fact, I have some "computer" glasses which have a
> large upper area set to the screen distance and the lower for reading
> distance. It makes a huge difference for me compared to trying to see
> the screen with the center of my trifocals. Progressive lenses have a
> very small sweet spot for a given distance so I have not gone that
route
> either.
>
> My 22" Samsung 225BW works well with either Windows XP or Vista as long
> as you insure that the screen is connected to and turned on when you
> boot up the computer as it has to detect and set the screen parameters.
> Otherwise, it can look as bad as it does with Linux OS and that is
> completely unacceptable to me.
>
> Other advantages of a large widescreen is the ability to play
widescreen
> movies to match the screen size (larger) and it makes it easier to
bring