Demetre SV1UY wrote:

>  I'm very happy with my RACAL. I often take it to the mountains as a
>  backpack radio with it' 2.5 meter whip. See http://sv1uy.ampr.org/~sv1uy

I will

I got mine without the battery box, so I am using it fixed with a 12 V
PSU I built..
I am very pleased with it. The last time I calibrated it, it was 1 Hz
away from WWV on 15 MHz.

I have been also the AMPRNET Coordinator for Cuba since 1992, but there is
little TCPIP activity and we have no links, either RF or wired to the
rest of the
44.network. Network security and set policies do not allow otherwise
nowadays, at least
in my workplace until now.

CO9BQQ BBS stopped in 2003. CO2JA BBS stopped in 2004. I ran FBB + node
+ JNOS 1.11, I think it was 1.11 i.
There are a few other isolated BBS around here but with no forwarding,
there is no fun to me.

I spent 2005 in Africa, teaching telecoms subjects.

> > PTC-II since 1998 too, and P III license since 2004.
>
>  Best modem man. We should arrange a sked in PACTOR in the weekend.

OK. We have to check propagation to find the best window, either on 40
or 20.
I will run HamCap at home and see.

I only have a G5RV, but I can run 500 watts out. SWR on 80 and 30 meters
is not good.

>  Well PACTOR is European and as a European you can guess which way I
>  prefer to do things. PACTOR and a QRP rig is the best combination
>  IMO.

One tiny detail. I am american as well, being born in this continent,
but in an island 90 miles away from Florida.

But I should have stated done in the USA vs the other way.

It makes a lot of difference. The european way seems a lot more
sensible, with less resources and expense.

73,

Jose, CO2JA

Participe en Universidad 2008.
11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2008.cu