--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Demetre SV1UY" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>  There is only a simple and logical solution. Don't operate anything
>  else than wide digital in the digital subbands, just like noone in
>  their right mind operates SSB in the CW portions of the bands.

 Correction,

Don't operate anything else than wide digital in the wide digital
subbands. The wide modes don't usually have a problem. This way your
narrow QSOs will be in their own subbabd and you will not be crying
when a PACTOR PMBO steps all over you. Just like you never take a hike
in the highway because the fast cars will run over you.

>>>That's progress, Demetre. You acknowledge that the "remote
initiator ensures the frequency is clear" scheme is unreliable, and
that the result can be "a PACTOR PMBO steps all over you".

>>>The operators of wide digital modes are no less disgusted when
stepped on by an unattended station than are operators of narrower
modes. And as I mentioned in my response to Jose, the sub-bands in
which unattended operation is permitted vary between regions. Thus an
operator using a frequency on which unattended operation is not
permitted in her region could be stepped on by a PMBO operating in a
region where that frequency lies in an unattended sub-band.

>>>In the land of HF, the hiking paths and highways overlap. Thus,
your "simple and logical solution" simply doesn't work. We need
polite drivers.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ