I totally disagree.  Expanding the auto sub-bands would only make room
for more PMBO's which later on would want more spectrum because the last
bit they got was not sufficient enough.  When is enough, enough. Why are
we thinking about using these band hogging protocols like Pactor 3
instead of trying to find ways to use spectrum efficient modes like
PSK31? The problem with giving more room is simple. You give them more
and they will start getting fatter and then ask for more and more and
more. Why can't the space hogs learn to try and use more efficient
modes.  P3 is only 30% faster than P2 or P1 yet it takes up 500% more
bandwidth. Where is the gain there?

The point is Bonnie I have seen digital radio going down the tubes
thanks to winlink.  Most hams have cold shivers when they hear that
word.  Is this a new way to try and get more space since RM11306 was
defeated by a majority of hams? Until winlink and other spectrum
inefficient modes can cooperate and share the hf spectrum then I don't
think they need more space to operate in.  They already are a menace in
the auto sub bands as it is.

Greg
KC7GNM

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "expeditionradio"