Thanks, Steinar. That was actually the easy part! Getting enough
audio to the software was the big problem. I'm using a Creative Labs
Audigy sound card, and it automatically decides if it is mic or line
input. I suspect it selected line input, and it just needed to be
brought up to a higher level. Got it working perfectly and had a good
QSO with it!

73
dave
KB3MOW

Steinar Aanesland wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> A quote for this document
> http://n1su.com/fdmdv/FDMDV_Docs_Rel_1.0_revised.pdf
>
> "Tuning: Two methods of tuning are available, Manual Tune and Auto Tune.
> Both use the mouse pointer that changes to a “+” when moved within the
> display
> area. For Auto Tune, just left click anywhere within the display to sync
> your
> receive frequency to the TX signal. For Manual Tune, move the mouse
> pointer to
> the exact center of the BPSK carriers in the middle of the signal, then
> right click."
>
> I hope this is a help.
>
> 73 de LA5VNA Steinar
>

> John Becker, WØJAB skrev:
>
>> Don't know Dave. Really can't say why.
>> Don't use software as I have had a AOR ARD9800 modem
>> in use for the last 5 years now.
>>
>> At 02:14 PM 12/8/2007, you wrote:
>>
>>> If that is the case, why is the ability to fine-tune included in
>>> FDMDV? I find that many times a ham is a bit high or low in frequency
>>> on digital voice, and it becomes necessary to "tune them in". Not
>>> every radio is perfectly aligned. It also appears that tuning in FDMDV
>>> is more critical than other modes, as a change of just a few hertz can
>>> make the difference between decoding and not decoding.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>

> Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
> http://www.obriensweb.com/drsked/drsked.php
>

> View the DRCC numbers database at
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/digitalradio/database
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
http://www.obriensweb.com/drsked/drsked.php

View the DRCC numbers database at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/digitalradio/database

<*> Your email settings: