--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +++additional AA6YQ comments below
>
> --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Demetre SV1UY" <sv1uy@>

> or not the frequency is locally clear. They may be configured to
> detect Pactor signals, but they cannot detect signals in any other
> mode.
>
> You said that, but the clients always listen OM.
>
> +++In your earlier post, Demetre, you said "Sometimes through the
> night when I cannot access any European PACTOR PMBOS because I do not
> have a decent 80 meters antenna, I can connect to PMBOs in Canada or
> USA on 30 or 40 meters. How about that?"
>
> +++So you -- the client -- are activating a PMBO in Canada or the
> USA. While you can know that the frequency is clear in Europe, you
> have absolutely no idea whether your activating a PMBO in Canada or
> the USA will result in that PMBO QRMing an ongoing QSO. Every time
> you activate one of these PMBOs, you risk QRMing a QSO. How about
> that?
>
> After all we do not live in a perfect world and if there is a little
> QRM, you can always blame the client if this is what you are after.
> You can report the client to your FCC and they can pull his/her ear,
> if it makes you happy!!!
>
> +++The client is indeed behaving arrogantly and irresponsibly, but it
> is not the client that is generating the QRM. Its the PMBO.
>
>     73,
>
>         Dave, AA6YQ

Dear David,

I have done this only a few times just for a test, to see what can be
done in an emergency. I know it is a bad idea to do it regularly, so I
do it for test purposes and only when I want to convince someone
(including myself) how good PACTOR 3 can be in an emergency.

When the communications infrastructure of a whole country has gone
down, this is the only way to pass digital traffic accurately and
effectively. There is no other accurate way OM. If you only had a
PACTOR 3 MODEM and an open mind you would understand what am I talking
about.

And if you ever get a little interference from another station, if
there is no other way for the traffic to be passed, please be patient.
The transfer will soon finish because it is a fast mode, it will not
last all day just like many ragchew QSOs do. After all what is going
to happen to you?

Is the PACTOR QRM going to spoil your toys?

Santa is here so you might get new toys OM. Not to worry. Life is too
short to complain about PACTOR QRM all day. Get a life. Have a drink
and you might feel much better! hi hi hi!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

73 de Demetre SV1UY