From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of w6ids
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2007 9:58 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: Is PACTOR I Actually DEAD For KBD - KBD?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill McLaughlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:bmc%40wonderwave.net> net>
To: <digitalradio@ <mailto:digitalradio%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2007 12:56 AM

> Hello Howard,
>
> I use Pactor I every now and then for keyboard to keyboard. It is hit
> and miss for me; more a novelty than an oft-used mode.

Interesting. Thanks for the reply, Bill. I asked about this twice now
and yours is the first reply. I asked also on the PK232 group with no
response and that surprised me a little.

Well, I have my original PK but without current upgrades. I would like to
put it into use but if it is seldom used by anyone, I wonder if I might just
want to pitch it. I think it's a neat box and despite my liking PACTOR
if there's no chance of enjoying the mode much and no one is interested
it making the mode more active.......???? I like the mode myself but then
I suppose I'm old enough to want to hang on to "familiars" now I suppose.

I'm 62 and while I like SOME of the new modes now out, I still enjoy RTTY,
CW and (heavy sigh) PACTOR. Hmmmm, I even like the idea of digital
voice and DIGI file/pix transfers, and SSTV.

Where do you operate? Is it hit 'n miss or perhaps a schedule? I have
PKware installed and it's worked very well over the years.

I've been told that one use of the PK is to implement the upgrades to take
advantage of what is called superior filtering for PSK and RTTY and such.

Howard W6IDS
Richmond, IN

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=1871183/grpspId=1705063108/msgId
=25424/stime=1199080689/nc1=4025304/nc2=4706131/nc3=4840952>