Historically RTTY operated on LSB. Newer sound card modes are mostly
using USB, so the developers of the sound card programs usually have
written them so that you operate your rig on USB for everything and the
program takes care of the translation. You will find that if the other
ham has their tones "normal," your tones should be "normal" as well.

The only time this might be a problem is if you specify a specific mark
or space frequency since that would be very different if USB or LSB .
Also, it is different for FSK and AFSK. But for RTTY what really matters
most is that the spacing of the tones (called the shift) is the same for
the equipment or program. That is normally 170 Hz for RTTY but differs
for those modes that have a shift. Some TU's (Terminal Unit hardware
boxes) may use 200 Hz which although close, is not optimum.