Hi Skip,

I have not been able to display anything on the waterfall for receive
and no random printing to the screen from noise either.
Same thing with both rigs on receive (I can't TX with the Pro 2 since no
rig control to CI-V).

Both sound cards were tried for both programs, switching back and forth
and trying all sound card positions including Windows default.

I have the built in Realtek Sound Card in this emachines computer, and
an add on Creative Soundblaster Live! which is more accurate and I
usually use that card.

The receive and transmit work fine with Multipsk (no rig control, just
keying the VOX) on either card for TX and RX decoding, but with the
vbdigi there is TX via toggling the Tune button or the T/R button and
the rig seems to transmit quite well and I think with a clean signal
when monitoring on the other rig.

Having done this kind of set up for many years and knowing of the
pitfalls, I have not had a case where you could transmit OK but could
not display anything on the waterfall unless there was a broken
connection someplace. That does not seem possible since it works fine
with Multipsk for both RX and TX.

Just to clarify, I am using VOX to key the Kenwood TS-440 via the AFSK
RCA jacks after I re-discovered (have not used this for digital for
many, many years) that it can not be driven adequately via the Line out
from the sound card when using the 13 pin DIN plug.