Part 97.3(a)(9) Beacon. An amateur station transmitting communications
for the purposes of observation of propagation and reception or other
related experimental activities.

Tell me where the mention of "receiver" or "transceiver" is in this
rule?  It simply doesn't matter what the DESIGN of the equipment is
according to this rule.  The rule covers the PURPOSE of the
transmission, not the equipment that does the transmitting.

Station id's without being involved in a two-way communications or in
setting one up are considered one-way transmissions.  CQ's are allowed
because they are defined as:

Part 97.111(b)(2) Brief transmissions necessary to establishing
two-way communications with other stations;

Talk about an activist lawyer and lawyer-wannabe.  You know what
judges tell lawyers that spout creative interpretation of law that
don't follow plain language, precedent, and legislative history?  "Not
in my court!"

Jim
WA0LYK

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "expeditionradio"