Thank you, Juregen.
Jim
W5LOG
dl8le <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Per definition
the
DIGITALRADIO GROUP
is
"A meeting place for discussion of amateur radio digital modes,
applications, software, hardware, equipment, and on the air
activity."
The ongoing discussion about legal or formal topics since a couple
of weeks with constant repeating of all the old arguments without
any new ideas or aspects is more than boring and for sure not in
line with the original definition. It's just repeating something and
no interest in carefully considering the other party's arguments.
And, worst of all, only one part of the different subjects of this
group, the air activity if this term can be applied at all, is
discussed over and over again with absolutely no progress. Please
count the posts on FCC regulations, fundamental (and unfortunately
non-technical) contributions to emergency communication in
particular the spending of 250 KUSD for radio equipment etc (I don't
want to waste my time to list all what I have read in the past weeks
since I joined this group), and then compare that number to the
posts on real topics of this group. The ratio between the two
figures is in my opinion completely inadequate.
I like open discussions but there should be an end sometime, at
least that the different parties come to the conclusion that there
will be no agreement. That is at least an agreement.
If the present discussions will continue I will for sure leave this
group. The group will survive it, of course, but I wonder if not
many others not commenting in public will look for a better
alternative to the meeting place the Digitalradio Group is offering
at the moment.
73
Juergen, DL8LE
---------------------------------
Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.