I was wondering if a recognized 30m Narrow Band SSTV calling frequency would
be a good thing to discuss? Because it is narrow band and the usable area on
30m is limited it makes sense to me to try to encourage a calling frequency,
similar to 14.230 on 20m.

To try and hunt through the 30m spectrum for an SSTV transmission with
unknown offset is going to kill interest before it starts for most folks.

There's a little difficulty with coordinating a worldwide frequency however
due to the fact that some regions only allow narrow band above 10.140 - but
I think an international calling frequency is worth pursuing rather than
just a USA/Region 2 one.

The tones of the transmission are +1900Hz for the sync pulse and the scan
lines are 2044Hz - 2300Hz.

So if we chose say 10.142.000 (USB dial frequency) that would put the sync
pulse on 10.143.900 and the picture on 10.144.044 - 10.144.300

At this QTH 10.142 is far enough down from the main Packet stations I hear
and high enough away from the PSK31 watering hole at 10.140. I don't know
how many toes would be stepped on if 10.142 USB (i.e., 10.143.9 - 10.144.3)
was chosen for the calling frequency but I am sure I will find out by
posting this message in this group!

73, Sholto KE7HPV.