Leigh,

I have not been following this SSTV discussion very closely as I got the
impression that it was analog SSTV when MMSSTV was mentioned as a
program. Or is this actually digital SSTV? Can you give us a capsule
account?

Do you have any knowledge of any tests that have been done between
RFSM2400 and the WinDRM/EasyPal type of OFDM?

Even though this has to be done in the voice/image portions of the bands
here in the U.S., it just does not add up that no one has done this kind
of testing yet. And I have asked about this repeatedly.

Are you or anyone else interested in doing these kinds of tests? I just
recently got the capability to key up some of these modes (and most any
sound card mode) from 160 to 6 meters, but on some bands with minimal
antenna capability. Mostly ground mounted Butternut vertical.

One of the very helpful things about the voice bands is that you can
make contact on voice and then transmit the digital image on the same
frequency. Very convenient if a problem comes up. The only down side is
that you need reasonable good signals. But then again, I think we are
going to find that for the most part, we will need fairly good signals
for these fast modes. WinDRM and EasyPal require something around +8 dB
S/N although the STANAG modems are supposed to be able to go much below
that point. We may be able to partially simulate that by reducing power.

Speaking of power, I can run well over 100 watts on most of the digital
modes as I do have an Ameritron ALS-600 amplifier.

For those who are thinking that this is an SSTV experiment, it really is
more of a surrogate for the modem type. The only reason for using image
data instead of text data is to meet the requirements here in the U.S.