Cesco,

This is ridiculous. In no way did we trash your free mode! And please be
aware that RFSM2400 is the same price as EasyPal ... free in terms of
monetary cost.

If you look at the results dispassionately, you will see that the SSTV
mode did quite well considering it must have been on the edge of the
minimum conditions. The kind of conditions are often found on HF.

You might clear up one question that I have and that is if I have an
image that is larger than 20K and I attempt to send it with the
software, it appears to allow for adjustment of the actual size
(compression). And a default seems to be 20K in 94 seconds. Is this correct?

Now if I was able to get a substantial fraction (1/6) of that through in
only 94 seconds, does that mean that over 3000 bytes were moved in that
amount of time? If so, that is a higher throughput than the RFSM2400
program. I realize that it is not operating with immediate ARQ, but if
you take that into account, it does not seem to be that different.

JT65 can not be compared to PSK31 because it has no real throughput.
What we are trying to do is compare relative speeds during the same
conditions. Those kinds of real world tests seem the most important for
actual ham use. The actual speed of around 300 bytes per minute, even if
not all that fast, is faster than most other sound card modes at that
signal to noise data point.

Remember, cesco, we were using images as a surrogate for text data
because we can not legally send text data in the voice/image portions of
the bands. If we had an important 28K document to send, 12 minutes would
be completely acceptable as long as we can guarantee that it will go
through error free and had no other way to move the message.

In terms of S/N, if you have an average reading of say, -89 dBm with the
background noise and then you receive a signal at -76 dBm, are you
saying that this relationship has no association with S/N?