I have not found anything on the site you mentioned. The U.S. Government
obviously will continue to internally support XP, which should be for
many years, but they can not require MS to support it, when MS
discontinues XP. It is possible that MS will voluntarily sell XP for
government use, under the guise of "national security" even though it
will not be available for the general public.

The obvious danger to MS is that the U.S. government will follow other
governments in selecting a Linux variant or mandating the use thereof.
As you are probably aware, the U.S. military does use Linux for some
purposes.

But for all practical purposes, most buyers of new computers are buying
Vista here in the U.S. A few who are not happy with Vista are buying Mac
and an extremely small number are buying Linux. I have seen at least one
customer at Best Buy who was very distraught last year and was told if
they wanted to buy a computer from BB, they could either buy a Vista
machine or order a Mac through mail order. (They must not be handling
Macs anymore at that store). Linux software used to have a small
presence at BB, but not for some time now as sales just were not
adequate. This is probably due to the access through the internet, but
it does lower the Linux presence to the public through the source that
most consumers draw upon.

To make statements that Vista is on its death bed is rather absurd. What
might be possible is for MS to strip out the DRM and other bloatware and
invasiveware. I absolutely don't see any indications that U.S. computer
companies are going to discontinue installation of Vista on almost all
new PC compatibles until a new replacement comes along. Although someone
claimed that this could happen within a year, past history has shown
that it is likely to be many years beyond what MS is claiming for a
Windows 7 target date. Consider that something around 100,000,000 Vista
machines have been sold so far.