--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Pete" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am new to this group and it appears to be where I might find
> operators  with a similar interest, most of my activity is focused
on
> MMSSTV DX and  propagation tests. The last year I have focussed
mainly
> on 14.230 and LP to US and SP to EU.
>
> This Winter in VK I am looking for operators in EU region interested
> in SSTV on 7.033Mhz.
>
> Equipment will be a TS430S and Emtron DX-2 amp with a 40m Inverted V
> Horizontal polarisation is oriented to EU. I have run some tests
with
> PE2SWL webcam over last week and have managed some RX pics on a 20m
> antenna at his location so the path is feasible.
>
> Over next week I intend to add a wire Reflector behind the Inverted
> to lower the angle of radiation from 70 Degrees to 26 Degrees.
>
> Also interested in EasyPal tests on 7.033Mhz but I am less familiar
> with  this software on DX paths.
>
> Any takers, The best opening to EU seems to be between 20-21 UTC I
> will endeavour to be there most days my website will announce if my
> station and webcam are operating
>
> http://users.tpg.com.au/adslsymb/VK6AAL/
>
> Look forward to any contacts, all the best and GD DX.

ZS2ABF was seen on 40m 2 nights ago a bit early best time for EU
between 17 UTC and 18 UTC a few of stations worked can be seen at
http://users.tpg.com.au/adslsymb/VK6AAL/40m/40mpix.html

The vertical lines are the Chinese Radar that gets up to S9 here this
can be managed using a very aggressive modified Noise Blanker and
stations have been worked through it.

I will be on 7.033 most week nights this winter to work as many EU
stations on 40m as I can, weekends there is too much CW QRM S9 in EU,
I added a Reflector to the Inverted V for 40m gives me a 2 ele
antenna for EU on 40m interested in any signal reports it should
still be wide enough to cover SA + EU with gain and back lobe reaches
ZL worked ZL2SY on his OCF. Pattern of lobes can be seen at
http://users.tpg.com.au/adslsymb/VK6AAL/Antennas/ant40.html
bottom of page.

Tried running a SSTV repeater on 15m at 21.340 Mhz during my day
light hours, approx 8am to 5pm WAST as an experiment, the results
from this have astounded me in first few days has been accessed by
ZL, JA, VK4, VK3 seems open to eastern states/JA all day long, and
N5VP from US has been there twice in 2 days 01:44 UTC at 534 signals
and worked him direct on 25w both times and VK6POP has worked him
also on 50w.

Would be very interested in any reports, there is an opening to ZS2
Hamcap propagation tool shows best window for 15m to ZS2 between
07:30 UTC to 09:30 UTC optimum at 08:30 UTC this can be worked on 40m
dipole with low power I look forward to seeing more activity over the
next week on this band.

Hamcap propagation tool shows best window for 15m to ZL2 between
03:00 UTC to 05:30 UTC.

Maybe ZS2 can work ZL2 on 15m via repeater or direct at different
times.

Repeater access tone 1750 Hz it can be a bit finicky on 15m so try + -
100 hz if you dont get the CWID responding first time, I am on Echo
Link some times to help.....

As I am using one end of the 20m beams boom to support the reflector
on 40m I will not be on 20m as the tower needs to be tilted over to
facilitate this installation.

73 GD DX
VK6AAL