Rud Merriam wrote:

> You mention protocol layers. Which model do you want to use for
> discussion,
> OSI or the Internet model? Perhaps not a big question since layers 1 &
> 2 are
> the same but once we start moving up the stack they differ.

I have a problem with the formatting on this reflector.  Please excuse
me for that.

My question, as an unenlightened retired engineer, is "What difference
does it make which model is used if the proposed changes are to Level
1?  Apparently I don't speak the same language ...but can the same
model(s) not be used with a differing Level 1 protocol?

Chuck AA5J