I ran into a small issue with Windoz version 3.0 of Fldigi. Actually
there is a bug relating to CAT; John is in the processing of fixing. If
you use the rig.xml file and you make a configuration error, the serial
READ request may never timeout and you will hang the COM port (only
recourse if the reboot the PC).  I've got it working nicely with two
ports -- COM1 for PTT and COM2 for the CAT using an ICOM-746 PRO. Very
nice indeed.

If anyone is having problems with CAT, download PORTMON from the MS
systools site; with this tool, you will be able to figure out the
problem easily by seeing what Fldigi is sending and receiving from the
radio.

The use of XML for configuring the various radios is extremely clever
and very flexible.

73, Bernie