Rein,

Path simulator results seem to agree with your on-air tests. Thor-22 did print
better than PSK250 and PSK63. Each mode was tested using signal-to-noise ratios
of -dab, -6db and -10db. See tests 1, 2 and 3 below. The path simulator
parameters were set for a disturbed mid-latitude path during the test.

The other modes; RTTY, Contestia and MT63 were added for comparison. The
Contestia 8 tone / 500hz mode shows some promise; it seems to have about the
same wpm rate as Thor-22 and it would seem that throughput is quite a bit
better -- see tests #2 and #3.

Just a thought..

Tony, K2MO

__________________________________

Path delay : 2ms
Frequency spread : 1Hz

_____________________________________

Test #1
SNR : -3db

RTTY
XZPGTHE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPSPOVER TPE LAZY DMG
TH RQUICK BROWN FOGJUM S OGER THZILAZY DOG
THE QUQUK BROWNYFX JUMPS OVEKLUGSILAY DOG
QTHE QUICK BROWNLFOY JUVPS OVER QHE LAZY DOG

PSK250
 THE QUICK BR1 erte4 cUMl S%n r.Ze 4eZY DOG
m-eel WUCK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY a t en e
htt.§UK BRWed lOX JUMPS OVER THE L

PSK63
TH QUICKBOWN FOJUMPS OVER THE LAt DOG
THE OUICK BROWN nX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICc eaROWN FOX UMPS OVER THE LAZY DO
GnE QUICK BROWN¦OX JUMPu OVER THE LZY DOG

Thor-22
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QGICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMSS OVER THE LAZY DOG

Contestia 500/8
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE GAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

MT63
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

____________________________

Test #2
SNR -6db

RTTY
FOXPAUMPSGOVEHGOPE LAZY DMG
OXERQUICK BRGWN FOIDUMHS KGER THZILAZY DOG
ZHE QUQKKHBROWNYFX JIMQ QOVEKU0668LWY DMG
QTHE QUICK BRTZNLFMY JUVHS OVER PHE LAZY DOG

PSK250

UCK BRr WN FtJUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICBROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY
tti eu/ht to§CKÃRWed lte4 JU l rS OVER THE L#oa

PSK63

THE QUICK BROWN FO#PS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE  aesICK BROWeto 8X JUMPS OVER TUE LAO™ŸOG
THE m UI2 teetROWN FOX JUMPS OVER lHE LAZY DMG
hE QUIC_ BROWX JUMPe  OVER THE LZY DOG

Thor-22
HE QUICK jiTN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
EH,tirr BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE  a StdrhWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUbtnK BROWN FX JUMPSiVER THE LG

Contestia 500/8
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE GAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

MT63
THEQUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

Test #3
SNR -10db

RTTY
 LPSILAZFGDKQFHMYYXSRIVKPBRGWN FMKGDUMHDGSFEYB
ZILAEZHDOGOVWGGQQFKR?4926(!
9 JI QWQBCSUQYHXYFLDJSBMXDQHE QUICK YBRTYNLCBY J
WCAHPUVER PDE )-+6 DOG

PSK250
TE QICK”reEtnseW,XebY 1vIcoX,ae 2X w
oeCWx NtJUMPS OVER THE L:CY DOp
AHE $Up=K e C-eo FOX JUMPS OVER TWE LAM™it

PSK63
otPS  sVER THE LAZY DhG
THE  se  Stt< B.Oe8X JPS On i HE LAO™t-OG
T$reIA-ee 9OWT FOX JUMNS OVE™t= E LAZse D  eG
 hv QCt  ”ROWuRèX JUMi  tOVER TU o L@| DOGnÓ

Thor-22
tuojX JUMPS OVERaæt¸dWra-t ¶t
bl^K BROWN FOpea[uaSbt 'eDO
h,e on"aexet wMid  )!eân JÔoeith DOG
cuiE die(sw  otoao>3:glG;aCr»t eDsÖa

Contestia 500/8
THE QUICK BROWNDFOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY 7G
THE QG1CK BR]WN FOX JUILU OVSVC)#1 GC,GKDOG
THE QUICK #ROWN FOX 'UMPS OVER THA LAZS=QOG
THE Q6ZC! BROWV FOX JU%1G3QYE%-BFLA DOG

MT63
HEMUIC` BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG
TH UCQ BkxPN 'V\1DUMPS OfEATHE*LAZY DOG
THE QICK BROWNMFOauJgES OVER THE LAZYDOG
THE QUIC BROW; FO_EJUC2Y OVER T? LAZj DOG