SKIP SKIP SKIP
READ READ READ

I, HOWARD, AM not not NOT NOT not THE PERSON WITH THE QUESTION NOR
THE PROBLEM.

GEEZ, I TRY TO ANSWER SOMEONE'S QUESTION, AND SUDDENLY IT BECOMES MY
QUESTION AND MY PROBLEM.

If you are going to address someone - address the individual who has
the problem or question in the first place.

Personally - I don't care.
Personally, I am an emergency worker who will never ever be sent to
help in an ARES/RACES HAM group, because my agency will need me here.
If it snows 20 feet one day, I'll be disciplined if I do not get to
work - lose all bonuses and raises for a year.
Personally, I already own expensive HF equipment and consider VHF
short range no matter what you do with it - compared to a few
hundred miles one gets via HF with a NVIS antenna 10 feet above
ground.  Personally, I think VHF is nice for 10 to 20 miles - you
can go further - nice for you.  I'll keep it in mind if anyone gets
a team of bulldozers and makes Maryland flat - I can't walk a block
or two with reaching a hill.

I am not the one who asked the question.
I am not the one who asked the question.
Don't try giving me advise when I am not the one who asked the
question.

The original poster who posed the question and who has the problem
was considering HF as a solution.

Watson, I think he's got it... maybe.

Howard

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "kh6ty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Howard,
>
> We already achieved successful, error-free, VHF communication
(with no
> repeated blocks) using NBEMS software over a 70 mile path in flat
country
> between two 50 watt FM transceivers, one with a 7.5 dBi antenna at
10 feet
> off the ground and the other with a 7.5 dBi antenna 25 feet off
the ground.
> I have also developed a DOX interface for FM transceivers which
have no VOX.
> A schematic is here:
> http://home.comcast.net/~hteller/Interface%20schematic.jpg
>
> We are now in the process of determining just how much farther we
can go
> using FM. However, using SSB with DominoEX, we have already
reached 100
> miles consistently between a 9 dBi antenna and a 13 dBi antenna.
We think

http://home.comcast.net/~hteller/sideview.jpg. By