G'Day All,

I am trying to get more to grips with all the digital modes to operate.
I currently run HRD w DM780 and MFTTY software on my computer (Love HRD)

I have used DM780 in the past but it was just plug-in and see if it ran, which
it did and was able to make some contacts.
I have since moved into a new house and have not had the time to set the radio
shack up. This is now coming together and hopefully should be back on the air
in a week or two.
I want to understand the digital operation more so I can understand what is
happening and how to make contacts correctly.

Let me start with what I am seeing when starting.

DM780 through the sound card to Kenwood TS-480S/AT, in the data socket.
When I start DM780 and look at the screen, waterfall I see the data mode, in
this case PSK31 on 14.081.5, but the radio is showing 14.080.
I remember when I first was using PSK31 I could see other stations within the
window of the waterfall, they could of been on 14.082.5 or 14.080.6 and that I
was able to leave the radio freq alone and just click on the other station and
then make a contact.
What I was interested in, is, should I have moved the radio freq. to pull the
station onto the 1.5Khz above the. (Don't know if I explained that correctly)

Also there is heaps mentioned about NO ALC, I have set my TS-480S/AT to the
requirements for digital mode, and even dropped the input down further.
I was still getting some ALC when in TX. No-body said I was producing a bad
signal so I don't know if I was TXing right.
Should I set the radio up as stated and then drop back the audio out from the
soundcard?

Think that is about it, thanks in advance for any responces.

Regards

Kevin, ZL1KFM.

Get Skype and call me for free.