paxon is still freeware
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: maiko4
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, February 09, 2009 7:12 PM
  Subject: [digitalradio] Q15X25 options - soundmodem (no cost) for windows or
linux ...

  Hi,

  I've already mentioned soundmodem for linux and any flavor
  of NOS or WAMPES (if I am correct) that has KISS or MKISS.

  The Windows version of the soundmodem stuff requires the
  flexnet32 software. There is also a packet terminal software
  called Paxon that interfaces with FlexNet.

  I have not used that stuff for a few years, but I know
  the soundmodem in FlexNet works. It costs nothing. I don't
  know if Paxon itself is still free, but it's possible you
  might not need to use it. FlexNet might have something you
  could use as a terminal (I don't remember).

  Here are some links :

  SOUNDMODEM - http://www.baycom.org/~tom/ham/soundmodem/

  FLEXNET - http://www.afthd.tu-darmstadt.de/~flexnet/modules.html

  Paxon Terminal - www.paxon.de

  There's a bit of reading, and it's not all clear what you need
  to do, so if you want a challenge, try it out. It costs nothing
  but a bit of time :)

  Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM