Hi John,

Probably quite right about trying a lower band.

Because this is a wide bandwidth mode, I did some testing today to see
how well (or not) my ICOM 756 Pro 2 passes tones at various audio
frequencies and I discovered that it does not do very well with the
lower tones.  I moved a PSK31 tone around and compared the power output
meter from around 100 Hz to 3000 Hz. The power level drops off quite a
bit once you get much below 1000 Hz, although it seems to work fairly
well as high as 2800 Hz. I have the rig set for the widest possible
passband and using the rear DIN connector.

The drop off could be due to the interface transformers, but I am not sure.

Has anyone else tried determining their effective audio passband with a
given rig and interface? What kind of result did you get?