Interesting.

I was helping a friend troubleshoot an issue with FL-Digi and his
Digikeyer.  It had previously worked OK, them stopped PTT and no
waterfall display of anything.  We used Skype to talk while we tried
to solve the problem.  The ODD thing is that while talking him through
things, my FL-Digi with Microkeyer began to exhibit the exact
problems.  No PTT, no signals in the waterfall despite an active
number of PSK signals on the band.

FL-DIGi was displaying an audio ports error on the very bottom of the
screen.  I can't remember what it said exactly, something about
multiple ports, I think.

I closed FL-Digi and booted up Multipsk, signals were in the
waterfall.  So I went back in to FL-Digi, went to CONFIGURE , then
WATERFALL, and then  AUDIO.  I checked the capture and playback
selection to make sure I had the correct audio source.  I had three
audio sources that were possible, internal sound card, external sound
card, and USB camera with mic that I use for Skype.  Even though I had
the correct one selected, I clicked on it anyway.  Poof !  Signals in
the waterfall all of a sudden, and PTT command was working.  My friend
did the same, and all was well at his end.

Is this some sought of Skype related quirk, Microham Device Writer
quirk?  Anyone replicate this ?  What does the audio ports error in
FL-digi signify ?

Andy K3UK