We use search acquisition range of 40Hz , and 6dB for PSK250. That will solve
your problem. AFC should be on on.
Sweet spot wherever your filter sweet spot is. E.g. to use the DSP on a IC756
we use 1500,
default is 1000 Hz. Use a 300 Hz filter if possible.

Rein PA0R

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
http://www.obriensweb.com/sked

Recommended software:  Winwarbler, FLDIGI, DM780, or Multipsk

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: