From: Dave AA6YQ <aa...@ambersoft.com>
Subject: RE: [digitalradio] Phone/Image Band FCC bandwidth limit on HF Re: USA
ham rules
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Cc: "Dave Bernstein AA6YQ" <aa...@ambersoft.com>
Date: Wednesday, 25 March, 2009, 2:09 AM

The
table in §97.305 (Authorized emission types) indicates that §97.307(f)(3)
applies to all use of RTTY or data emission types in the amateur bands below 28
mhz.

§97.307(f)(3) says "Only a RTTY or data
emission using a specified digital code listed in §97.309(a) of this Part may
be
transmitted. The symbol rate must not exceed 300 bauds, or for frequency-shift
keying, the frequency shift between mark and space must not exceed 1
kHz."

The table in §97.305 indicates that
§97.307(f)(4) applies to all use of RTTY or data emission types on the 10
meter band; it expands the upper limit on symbol rate to 1200 baud, but retains
the maximum FSK frequency shift of 1 kHz.

See

<http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/news/part97/d-305.html#307>

     73,

Dave, AA6YQ