I have been using the ICOM 756 Pro II and Pro III transceivers with
flidig for some time now with Hamlib. I think it still shows alpha
status in some cases. I know someone suggested contacting the hamlib
group to advise them that it seems to work well.

When I went to their web page I was unable to find any contact point
other than to the group. Of course when I did that it blocked me, but
hopefully someone sees it and I recommended that if they want feedback,
they need to have some way for us to provide this feedback. Maybe I
missed it, but if I did, perhaps it needs to be more prominently displayed.

I still don't understand why anyone would want the increased
complication of using RigCat if the Hamlib works well for you. There are
no files to put anywhere. It just works for me. I think I tried it on
one of my wife's ICOM IC-7000 rigs, and I could also test it on my ICOM
746 Pro as well. \

As Andy has mentioned, you MUST check the PTT diamond to insure that
works. I recently was testing an alpha version and for some reason it
did not keep the same parameters from an earlier version. I forgot to
check if the PTT diamond was activated until I tried the next version
and realized that I was missing something, HI.