--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Tony <d...@...> wrote:
> ...  Seems to be a lot of unanswered CQ's these days...
> ... Any thoughts?

Because we're too often camped out on 14.070, waiting for something besides a
macro-bot that we've worked.  Several times.

> ...like the mode-of-the-day; an MFSK Monday or Olivia Tuesday...

I gotta say, I doubt just changing modes will change the habits of the masses.
Clever idea.  I like it.  Can't wait to read other opinions.

> A QRP day might encourage those ... experiment with different modes...

I'd have to nod my head in agreement on that one.

My favorite times on-the-air are with low power. One can really do a lot more
if you don't need much. I've had nights where a few of us would stimulate some
air around us and run through a dozen modes.  On 1/2 a watt.

Meanwhile, I'm guessing the hobby has it's up and downs in activity. I'm new,
but betting we live our hobby on 11-year cycles.

f, k2ncc