Years ago, I used to have a very light and small SW receiver (but of
rather low quality) that I had next to my bed and I could listen to SW
or ham communications. Today my equipment is much heavier and bigger and
the lightest I could come up with is to "borrow" one of my wife's ICOM
IC-7000 rigs.

Is there a simple way to interface one of my ICOM rigs (756 Pro II and
III or 746 Pro) in such a way to at least tune the rig and listen to
audio using my home wireless router system? Of course it would be cool
to do more, such as talk on a mike or send digital data, but the main
thing would be to at least control the volume and tuning and hear the audio.