All,

I'm not sure why, but it seems that most of us tend to stick with the slower
versions of Olivia
even when conditions allow for much faster throughput. The more robust
tone-bandwidth combinations seem overkill when the path is stable so why go
slow?

I sometimes test the waters by reducing the number of tones (regardless of
bandwidth) to speed things up. One can always increase the tones again if
conditions change for the worse.

It would be a neat to see some kind of "throughput sensing" where the speed of
the mode changed to suit conditions automatically.

Maybe an RSID-like preamble that automatically switched the other stations
software to the best mode based on the last over.

Tony -K2MO