  From: Tony
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, July 19, 2009 4:37 PM
  Subject: [digitalradio] More RSID - PLEASE!

  All,

  I've noticed a BIG jump in 'exotic mode contacts since RSID became available
in HRD / DM780. I've made more Contestia / DominoEx / Thor QSOs in one week
than I usually see in months!

  The usual response is "I've never worked this mode before" or "didn't
recognize the mode, but the RSID picked you up".

  The RSID has greater sensitivity than the majority of digital modes and
signals are often decoded by the ID without actually hearing or seeing the
digital mode itself.

  This has helped in a situation where the antenna was pointed in the wrong
direction and has allowed me to zero-in on a station that would have otherwise
gone unnoticed.

  Patrick's PROP-RSID (Multipsk) sends call sign, locator, power and even the
antenna gain and beam heading. The information pops-up in the waterfall.

  So has anyone else seen an increase in mode activity with RSID?

  Tony -K2MO