  From: kg4kri
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 10:35 PM
  Subject: [digitalradio] Re: lpt to com port assignment?

    Thank you all- my laptop does not have a 9 pin port. The 25 pin is the only
available parallel port. Any Ideas?

  --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "kg4kri" <kg4...@...> wrote:

  > Hello all,
  > I am trying to set up my computer to key my radio rather than the el cheapo
way of using vox. I have built a circuit to use the 25 pin lpt jack, but I do
not know how to assign this jack as a com port. Most of the digital programs I
use only specify com ports, not lpt. I do have a 15 pin connection, but I am
not sure what the proper connection would be. I am obviously not very
knowledgeable about computers, so any help is appreciated.