Bonnie your argument is "some contesters and DXers QRM ongoing QSOs, so
therefore its ok for ALL unattended stations to QRM ongoing QSOs. This is poor
engineering; when we automate things, the idea is to automate good practice,
not bad practice. You don't see anyone designing autopilots that can become
disoriented, do you?

And by the way, most DXers in a pileup do not seek to QRM each other, as that
guarantees they won't be clearly heard by the DX -- even when using a powerful
station. The idea is to seek clear spots in the pileup into which to drop your
call so you can more likely be heard by the DX. This is particularly true in
digital mode pileups.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "expeditionradio" <expeditionra...@...>