Skip, Ted, & others,

Version 10 is presently on sale at Tigerdirect.com for $29.99 AFTER rebates..

73 Buddy WB4M  (tnx for all the info Skip!)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: KH6TY
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 9:15 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Voice recognition

  Hi Ted,

  Dragon Software's Naturally Speaking, Version 10 and up, will dictate into
any active text window (such as fldigi's TX text window). You can get it at
Target stores for about $40. Just install it, go through the initial training,
and dictate what you want to speak, but use macros for CQ, 3x3 calls, 1x1
calls, turnovers, 73's etc., that are not "normal" English speech.

  For example, I press F4 (his call de my call) which goes into transmit and
waits for me to type. I then speak what I want to say. When finished, I press
F5 (BTU) and the macro sends (BTU his call de my call k) and goes to receive. I
repeat this over and over until the QSO winds up, and then I press F6 (73 his
call de my call sk) and go on to the next contact. If I need to send prosigns,
I type those when I pause the speaking. Same for model numbers, although many
come out right.

  That's all the is to it. Just spend time with additional training to your
voice and you will seldom have to make any corrections, but those can also be
spoken, so if you "type ahead" with speaking, you have time to correct anything
Dragon did not understand correctly.

  It is very important to use a good microphone or Dragon will make many
mistakes. There was a good quality one inside my software box. My Heil Pro
headset microphone also works well.

  73

Skip KH6TY

  Ted Leonard wrote:

    Hi Skip,
    I am really curious too about Dragon and the digital modes.

    Ted W3VG