I would suggest an intuitive interface; stereo headphones with tracking so
turning one's head tunes the receiver, frequencies below the tuned point
sent to the left earphone, frequencies above, to the right. Now just turn
your head until something interesting is audible "straight ahead", press a
switch or click on an icon and Bob's your uncle! (sneaking in English)

This could be pretty easy with some  of the virtual reality gaming systems
but we might not need the video outputs.

Or maybe we would  Imagine spotting the multiplier you need on the heads up
display, turning your head until it's heard straight in front, and ZAPPING
it with the mouse. Nerd Preferred!

Cortland
KA5S

Cortland