Interesting data , Tony.  I am was surprised that our similar computers have
so dissimilar results.  So , I checked a few things on different PCs here at
my location.  Here are my results, The CPU demand is based on maximizing
Multipsk's tasks (SDR-Direct active, with full RS-ID on and regular
waterfall at 4 Khz) . Casual readers of this thread should note that
Multipsk under most common scenarios for ham radio,  uses much less CPU than
below.

Shack Computer (Dell Opitiplex GX260 , 2.3 Ghz CPU single core , 1 gig RAM.
Windows XP.  Multipsk  = 95-100+ % (not usable)
Home PC  (Dell Optiplex GX270 , 2.7 CPU single core , 512 RAM, WIndows XP.
Multipsk = 65%  , worked well.)
Low end Acer Latop , 3 gig RAM, Windows 7.   .  Multipsk = 75%, worked fine.

Ironic that the one PC I want to get Multipsk to work on is the one PC that
it does poorly on !  The good news is that when maximizing Multipsk on a
basic PC , with not a lot of other  things multi-tasking, Multipsk will
work.  I am especially  pleased to see it work well on the Windows 7 laptop
which only cost $247.00

So while the  desktop computers do not have identical parameters (different
system files, ect) , I am intrigued about the 30-35% less CPU demand on the
PC with only 512 RAM but .4 Ghz more processing speed .  Does .4 ghz more
speed usually make that much difference..  Your outcomes , Tony, also
intrige me about what difference I might discover if I add another gig of
RAM to my 2.3 CPU ham PC.

Andy K3UK