De: José A. Amador <ama...@electrica.cujae.edu.cu>
Para: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Enviado: vie,26 febrero, 2010 20:33
Asunto: Re: [digitalradio] ROS carrier pattern when idle

Warren,

Please allow me put my two cents. I would not expect so if the spreading code
is the same.

The adventage of CDMA is code orthogonality, each user has a different chipping
code that has little correlation with other user's codes., and so, there is
little mutual QRM.

As far as I have seen, ROS uses a 3 kHz fixed bandwidth, irrespective of
signalling speed. ROS 16 is affected by packet, pactor 2 and other ROS users
QRM,
printing only garbage in such cases.

ROS 16 looks good on a clear channel, but crumbles under QRM. Not to be
surprising when confined to just 3 kHz. Anyone can figure out just by listening
on 14101.

Perhaps ROS 1 fares better, but so far I can't tell.

To me, so far, Olivia is the toughest chat mode, and includes a lot (perhaps,
too much!) flexibility. Likewise, JT65A if you want to "squeeze QSO's out of
thin air", but is hardly conversational at all. You can, in very short
sentences (believe it is 13 characters), but you lose the adventage of some
special hard coded short hand sentences (RRR, RO, 73 and such). Not a big
penalty, but nevertheless, a penalty.

73,

Jose, CO2JA

Hi Skip,