Dave,

There's been a lot of ROS activity close enough to 14100 to cause interference
to the NCDXF beacons, not to mention the Packet network on 105, the ALE network
on 109 and the Olivia activity near the same frequencies. I understand that
some are anxious to work a new mode, but it shouldn't come at a cost to others.

I, personally, don't use 14.101MHz and have been trying to persuade people to
move up the band a bit anyway.

Glad to hear it - and what better forum is there than the digital reflector to
inform others about the QRM? I'm sure most of the ROS operators found the mode
on this reflector.

> the deafening silence has been the art of persuasion rather than big boots
> stomping up and down on
> a new experimental mode.

I'm not trying to condemn the mode, in fact, I admire those like Jose, Patrick
and others. I was just trying to bring attention to the handful of
ROS operators who were less than courteous to their fellow hams. There's really
no excuse for this kind of blatant free-for-all.

> I do hope that you will be figuring out who and what that packet or TOR mode
> is that is below 14.101, and nearer the beacon
>  frequency and stomping on that as well?

If I hear it, I will. It's our duty to inform others about interference they
may be causing, especially the QRM that might cause harm in the event of an
emergency. I guess I'm a bit touchy about the interference issue after 9/11.

By the way Dave, I monitored a contact from Haiti after the earthquake and it
was riddled with QRM at times. I'm not saying the interference was deliberate,
but the station receiving the emergency traffic had to clear the frequency more
than once - go figure.

Tony -K2MO