Excactly!. But this also is an inherent possiblility/advantage running PACTOR
1, in FSK mode both ARQ and PACTOR FEC mode.

And the Fec mode, defaulted with 2 repeats, can at the cost of speed be
increased to 5 to increase robustnes.

An extra advantage is fully 8bit information both in ARQ and Fec modes.

The special IC 706 350hz narrow filter proved to be ideal for the porpose, even
running  300baud GTOR FSK. I was surprised, testing both 500hz and 350hz. But
of course you needed to be "right on target".

WHY HASNT THIS BEEN USED MORE ALL THESE YEARS before you could "move filters"
around in LSB and USB modes?

Just a question.
73 de la7um Finn