Engineers that work for the FCC, of course. Their names are not ordinarily revealed and the mouthpiece of the FCC is a customer service agent (and for some amateur matters, the ARRL, who relays information from the FCC offices). This structure should be fairly obvious to anyone with experience in business.

Trevor,

Ask Toyota for the names of the engineers investigating the unexpected acceleration and I doubt that you will get an answer! Ask the President who is responsible for reports from the White House and you will only find out through a legal action. I am sure these "walls" are set up to protect employees from frivolous attacks.

However, there is a "Freedom of Information Act" that can be invoked through legal action to obtain some internal documents of the government, but they are generally not offered to the public without a court order, for obvious reasons. The FCC customer service agent is the person who relays decisions to the public, and that agent probably does not make the decisions personally or without consultation. This is analogous to the Press Secretary of the White House.

If you want to verify the originator of a decision, you have a right to do so through the appropriate legal process.

The FCC's customer service agent has relayed a FCC decision to reaffirm that ROS is indeed FHSS and that, under current rules, as docemented in Part 97, SS is only allowed above 222 MHz.

That is generally the way it works on this side of the pond, and we have no choice but to abide by the system or petition for change.

73 - Skip KH6TY

Trevor . wrote:
--- On Wed, 10/3/10, KH6TY <kh...@comcast.net <mailto:kh6ty%40comcast.net>> wrote:
> Alan, though we may disagree as to the amount or nature of FHSS in ROS,
> the bottom line is that the FCC engineers, as well as the ARRL engineers,
> reviewed both the documentation and the signal footprint, and have
> concluded it is FHSS.

Who are these "FCC Engineers" ? All we've has is a response from someone that may be assumed to be an office clerk who simply quoted back the words in Part 97.

73 Trevor M5AKA