I only read the group on the web, not by mail, and I don't see this message,
only the complaints about it. From the addressee list in the copy attached to
your post, which did not include my address, I would say this was sent directly
to a list of addresses harvested some time ago, before I subscribed to the
list. It was not sent through the list. So unsubscribing won't make any
difference to your receiving further emails. The spammer already has your
address.

Possibly the security settings of the group could be tightened up to make it
harder for spammers to see the membership list?

Julian, G4ILO