While not exactly digital modes...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: pauljmarsh <pauljma...@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 3:07 PM
Subject: [SDR-IQ] Re: Impressions on SDR-IP
To: sdr...@yahoogroups.com

> Some impressions of the IP is at http://www.pudxk.blogspot.com/73,Tarmo...

Hi Tarmo,all,

Thats a very interesting write up. I've put my observations on the SDR-IP
online at http://www.uhf-satcom.com/sdr-ip/

During the last shuttle mission we used an SDR-IP to record the 2MHz
downlink from the shuttle during every pass, resulting in 5Gb to 7Gb files
per pass, which were then post-processed in order to recover the space to
ground audio channels. The mission audio we recovered is posted on line at
http://www.uhf-satcom.com/sounds/ - pretty amazing that it was possible for
non-NASA folks to get this stuff.

The SDRIP here is connected to a giga-bit ethernet LAN, so the network use
is consequentially quite small even with 2Mbps sample rate of the SDR. The
PC used with SV is an Athlon 2.7GHz CPU which seems to be able to keep up
with the network traffic with no problems. I must actually try my SDRIP on
HF a bit more, so far its had about 1 hours use on that band.

regards,

Paul M0EYT.

 __._,_.