All,

Andy brought up the digital mode / text-to-speech idea recently and a
thought came to mind that this could help the handicapped. I'm not sure
if speech-to-text programs can transfer text to another application
right out of the box, but assuming they did, there would still be the
need for voice commands to control the program. Seems a second sound
card may be needed as well; VAC might help.

Skip Teller created Digitalk for the blind (thanks Skip) and Patrick
wrote an interface for it (thank you Patrick) so the programs can talk.
Andy's speech-to-text idea would complete the package. It's easy to
suggest something like this while standing on the shoulders of experts
like Patrick and Skip; I can only imagine what it takes to write the code.

Just a thought.

  Tony -K2MO

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional