Hi Jeremy:

I asked LOTW help the exact question the other day and this is their response:

"Open TQSL
Select FILE - PREFERENCES - ADIF MODES
Click the ADD button on right.
In the mode window enter the mode as it is expressed in your logging
program.
Use the drop down menu to select the mode that you want it to represent.
[DATA]
Click OK - Click OK
Now you can sign the log and upload the TQ8 file."

However, when I looked at the answer, I began to have my doubts that it would
work. Contestia, ROS, Thor, to name three, aren't recognized by LOTW as modes.
Thor isn't recognised as an accepted ADIF mode. If we linked Contestia to a
DATA mode, by doing the above we'd be credited with a DATA contact but only if
both stations made this change. That's not going to happen in the real world
unless you know the individuals and you both make the same change. Or am I
missing something?

There is problems right now because modes are being created faster than ADIF is
adding them, or the logging programs are updating them. LOTW doesn't recognise
a lot of modes that have been out for some time. In my case I don't really care
if I get an award credit for the QSO, all I want is a QSL confirmation. Even
E-QSL has a wider range of accepted modes. So not sure what to do or say.
Anyway I am not an expert on logging, ADIF or LOTW. So maybe I am missing
something in the above method. I am a digital operator and it's frustrating
when either the logging program or LOTW won't accept a mode that you're using.
(ROS won't be accepted by Logger32 for instance.) And it happens every day
here. So I have to try and manually make notes of the real modes I used and at
some point write out QSL cards by hand because that's the only way for some
modes.

I log ALE400 and ALE141a as Ale contacts right now. I also log CCW as CW with a
note in my log. Ale I think is accepted by LOTW. (I think.)I am not sure about
CCW but I don't think it's a "valid" ADIF mode.

Anyway I am kind of shooting blind here so anyone that has solutions to these
issues would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
VE9NC

BTW Jeremy... tnx for the ccw-fsk and Ale400 modes.